Created to regularly measure and monitor the progress of government reforms as perceives by the business community creating a clearer perception and understanding of the nature and practices of business reform in Egypt.
ISLAH Reform Index:
- » Created to regularly measure and monitor the progress of government reforms as perceived by the business community
- » Contributing to improving business practices in Egypt through continuously illustrating and communicating the business climate performance, challenges, and potential.
- » Creating a clearer perception and understanding of the nature and practices of business reform in Egypt.
Why ISLAH is different?
- » It is an example of private-public partnership in seeking reform
- » Represent Egyptian business nature, other indexes are based on some criteria which are not applicable to Egypt
- » Gathered data from business persons and not consultants or lawyer offices
- » In depth view into all indicators to reach actual bottle necks enabling to advocate for reform: eg. Building licenses, trading across borders and employing workers. Using qualitative and quantitative indicators
Islah Reform Index Next Steps
- » Issuing the 3rd edition of Islah Reform Index.
- » Expanding the sample to include different governorates as Tanta, Souhag
- » Establishing a Web-Based System for the Survey by the assistance of IFC
- » Establishing Structured National Public – private dialogue.
- » Organizing Workshops/Events referring to ABA Position Papers (Access to Finance, Administrative