Founder of Alexandria Business Association
The founder of Alexandria Business Association and its first Chairman and Founder of the Rajab Investment Group
He was a serial entrepreneur adopting most of the modern management principles and dedicated on achieving his goals with a bird eye on the future
A leading businessman and social leader of a unique style who has major accomplishments in several areas:
In the field of Tourism
• The Green Plaza Tourist Complex was established, and it is a commercial complex with 350 stores surrounding a five-star hotel containing 400 rooms managed by Hilton Worldwide
• The King Ranch project in the King Mariout area consisting of a luxury hotel and swimming pool, which is the first of its kind and an international health center.
In The field of education:
• He Established entrepreneurship schools that offer Egyptian, British and American education systems and include three schools with more than 2,500 students
• He also established the first private university in Alexandria and Lower Egypt “Pharos University”. It contains eleven faculties: medical, engineering and humanitarian fields in cooperation with the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden and the Dublin Institute of Technology in Ireland DIT. Pharos University now has 14,000 students and employs more than 700 people. It also contributed to the implementation of the most successful Learning Programs
• The educational miracle was the Alexandria Institute of Engineering and Technology, which grants a bachelor’s degree in four engineering majors. it graduated about 2500 certified engineers.
Eng. Marwan El Sammak, was born in Alexandria on September 16, 1968. He graduated from the Faculty of Engineering Alexandria University, earning a Bachelor of Marine Engineering & Ship Building. He is an active board member of several organizations, including: Secretary General and President of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Alexandria Business Association, Alexandria Chamber of Commerce, and the American Chamber of Commerce. He is also a USAID Technical Assistant for Policy Reform Steering Committee of the Egyptian customs project. Recently he was selected by the Ministry of Industry and Trade to be the coordinator of “The Logistics Services for Foreign Trade Committee”. Mr. El Sammak is the Chairman and CEO of Ship & CREW company and General Manager of Medlevent Shipping.